Monday, October 4, 2010

My Weekend

I had such a wonderful weekend that I wish they can all start and end like it did for me this past weekend. On Friday, I attended "Night of Worship" at my church. We sang the most beautiful songs ever. This Night of Worship was a little different this time. Normally we sing Glorious songs praising God for at least 2 hours but this time our Pastor did a little twist to our session of worship. Halfway through our worship he asked everyone to kneel. It felt a little awkward at first since I thought they only do the kneeling thing at Catholic churches. Anyway, as he proceeded he asked that we take the next few minutes while the band played a soft melody in the background and to talk with God directly. He asked that we have a one on one with our Lord and to talk to him from the heart. As I kneeled and started praying and talking to God, my tears started to roll non-stop one after the other. I strongly felt that special connection and spoke to him from the heart. I prayed, I thanked him and I asked him for his strength in dealing with issues in my life that I feel I have lost control in. Its funny how I felt lighter after this deep moment with him. Its amazing how things work. The rest of the night was heavenly, thanks to our Lord. Saturday was another nice day. I spent the day with my family and had some quality time with my Hubby. Right now my hubby and I are having problems that I am not sure how to handle. You see I am a Christain and he is not. I love the fact that I am growing in faith, but its bringing problems at home because of it. I pray each day that God would soften his heart and make him understand how great God is but it is a work in process. I have to continue to be strong which is extremly hard at times and stay focus on God. The last two weeks the devil was working his way in me and he almost won but thanks to my Christain family and friends they continue to remind me to stay focus on God and to be strong. Yesterday's service at Church was pretty interesting. I felt like the message was directed at me. You see, at times I procrastinate when I need to do certain things. This past week, I kept delaying my time with God. I kept doing other things and saying I'll pray later or do my reading later. I wasn't making God my priority. Yesterday's message was about being First. We want God to think of us first at times but we continue to leave him for last. We want to do everything that is not as important before dedicating a little time for him. The topic really hit me hard because it is so true. I made myself a promise to do my seeking first ting in the morning. Everything else can wait!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment