Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Commitment to God

On Saturday, October 9, 2010, I made a life long commitment to the one and only Jesus Christ. My daughter Karina and I were both Baptize. I can't put into words how special this is to me. I woke up in the morning feeling so great and looking forward to my Baptism until my encounter with the hubby. I was hoping my husband would join me for this special blessing but he had plans. He had to go buy pool supplies and clean our pool. For some reason it had to get done that morning. I soon realized that he just did not want part of it, which I tried very hard not to take it personal. I was a little hurt but I need to constantly remind myself not to put pressure on my husband when it comes to God. I left it as that and went on my merry way to my Baptism. The weather was so beautiful, not a cloud in the sky. There must have been over 400 people in total getting Baptize. It was very emotional for me. At times I laugh at my own self because lately when it comes to God, I am just an emotional mess. Anyway, it was a beautiful event and one I will never forget. According to the Bible, Christian baptism is important because it is a step of obedience—publicly declaring faith in Christ and commitment to Him—an identification with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. On that day, my sins were washed away. Its a new beginning for me. I know with taking this step the devil is going to be working overtime in my life and in my home. I ask for all my christain friends and family to please pray for me and my husband. My day continued on and I spent it with my niece. That same evening we went out to dinner to celebrate my baptism. The dinner location was good, the food was great but the conversation going on the table was very sour. They say never to discuss politics or religion when you are in a group of friends. That is so true. Somewhere during our dinner we started to talk about the baptism and what it signifies. This made my husband very uncomfortable and of course he had his guard up and finally let out why does anyone have to believe in GOD. Everyone at the table gave their reasons and he argued every single one back with negative comments. He feels who said we have to believe. Just because the bible says to believe why do we feel we have to listen to that. The conversation was very uncomfortable, I was very embarrassed and knew than that the devil already started his work on my husband since he is the weak one right now. That very night I started reading the "Power of the praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian. I need to stay focus, continue to read his word and continue to pray for my husband. Trust me when I tell you its not easy. I am happy about the steps I am taking spiritually but sadden about my husband not knowing our GOD. I will continue to pray for him. Its really sad to see such a wonderful man, like he is, not knowing GOD. I need to remind myself that he did not come from a Christain home. In fact, I don't know anyone in his family that is dedicated to GOD. Although I grew up as a Catholic, I knew as a young girl about GOD. My parents did not attend church but they made sure I prayed every night and we've spoke about GOD. My husband did not have this in his life and at the age of 44 its going to be hard to make him understand. He is everything to me, he is a loving husband, a great dad, a hard worker and he takes good care of me and for this alone I will stand by him and continue to pray for him!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment