Friday, January 20, 2012

God's Plan for Your Life

The beginning of a new year we are always making promises or resolutions for that year.  Many times we just make up those promises because of current situations in our lives. We set goals and make alot of plans that we just don't commit to. During these times, we sometimes struggle to remember God’s promise to us.  And yet that is exactly what faith calls for and requires. The verse that came to mind in figuring out whats in store for me in 2012 is:

Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I truly love this verse.  The message in all of this is that there are plenty of times in our lives when we simply do not know what God has planned for us.  We need to have faith in our Lord and wait patiently until he chooses to reveal His plans for us.  If you are like me right now and not sure what He has planned for you, you're in good company.  God will be God, and making us wait, whilst watching and praying and living by his words, is the way our God works.  Having complete trust in Him, and waiting patiently is the way we handle it.  Although I made my list of goals for 2012 I am fully prepared to make any changes or adjustments in my life according to God's will.  If I have to turn another direction because that is His plan for me, than its ok.....I trust in my good Lord with all my heart.

I find it really exciting that God has plans for me, don't you?  God is a God who invites us to renewal, redirection and fresh opportunities to serve in obedience to his will.  He never gives up on us....I am definitely a work in progress and so are you.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment